The TECI Lab admission cycle will begin in the Fall 2019 for a Fall 2020 start. Positions are highly competitive based on academic fit, course grades, publications, prior research or design experience and the quality of the institutions of your previous degrees.
Masters applicants are welcome from fields including computer science, computer engineering, human computer interaction, cognitive systems, cognitive science, neuroscience, child psychology, learning sciences, educational technology, interaction design, UX design, graphical design, industrial design and/or sound design. PhD applicants must have completed research in one of Dr. Antle’s research areas and have published one or more papers in high quality venues.
A Post-doc position is available starting in January 2020 for an individual with experience working directly with children in co-design and/or field studies, a prior PhD in child-computer interaction and several high quality publications.
How to apply
Interested applicants should first email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss their application before applying directly to the School of Interactive Arts and Technology (SIAT) Graduate Program at Simon Fraser University (SFU). Emails to Dr. Antle should include the following six items (failure to include one or more will mean your email does not get a reply):
- a description of research interests related to the lab’s existing research
- a curriculum vitae
- a copy of your unofficial transcript (prefer A/4.0 cGPA)
- a sample of your written work and TOEFL or IELTS scores for ESL students
- a 1-2 page summary of your master’s thesis research methodology [PhD applicants only]
- your favourite children’s digital media application with a short explanation of what you like about it
After a follow-up discussion with Dr. Antle, you must still apply directly to SIAT (https://www.sfu.ca/siat/graduate/admissions.html).