Fall 2021 — The Lab is Full!
The TECI Lab admission cycle is over for a Fall 2021 start (September). Positions are highly competitive based on academic fit, course grades, publications, prior research or design experience and the quality of the institutions of your previous degrees. Please note the GPA, English language test and publication (PhD only) requirements noted below before contacting Dr. Antle.
Masters applicants (2 year program) are welcome from fields including computer science, computer engineering, human computer interaction, cognitive systems, cognitive science, neuroscience, child psychology, learning sciences, educational technology, interaction design, UX design, graphical design, industrial design and/or sound design.
PhD applicants (3-4 year program) must have completed research in one of Dr. Antle’s research areas and have published one or more papers in high quality venues.
A Post-doc position is available starting anytime 2021 for an individual with experience working directly with children in mental health, socio-emotional learning, literacy, critical making and/or co-design and mixed methods evaluations, a prior PhD in child-computer interaction and several high quality publications.
How to apply – -Fall 2022 for a Fall 2023 start
Next Fall 2020 — Interested and qualified applicants should first email Dr. Antle (email@example.com) to discuss their application before applying directly to the School of Interactive Arts and Technology (SIAT) Graduate Program at Simon Fraser University (SFU). See details on our Graduate Program.
After a preliminary discussion with Dr. Antle, a follow-up email should include the following six items (failure to include one or more will mean your email does not get a reply):
- a description of research interests related to the lab’s existing research
- a curriculum vitae
- a copy of your unofficial transcript (minimum GPA 3.7, prefer 3.87+cGPA)
- a sample of your written work directly related to research (all applicants, prefer published work)
- TOEFL (scores 115+) or IELTS (scores 8.5+) for ESL students
- a 1-2 page summary of your master’s thesis research methodology (PhD applicants only)
- your favourite children’s digital media application with a short explanation of what you like about it [500 words max]
After a positive indication to apply from Dr. Antle, you must still apply directly to SIAT (https://www.sfu.ca/siat/graduate/admissions.html).