Youtopia: Collaborative Tangible Learning
Funded by GRAND NCE
How to Play Youtopia
Youtopia: Research Design
Youtopia: Learning through Emergent Dialogue Preliminary Results
- Wise, A. F., Antle, A. N. & Warren, J. W. Explanation-giving in a collaborative tangible tabletop game: Initiation, positionality, valence and action-orientation. In Proceedings International Conference on Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL 2017), in press.
- Wise, A.F., Antle, A.N., Warren, J., May, A., Fan, M. and Macaranas, A. What kind of world do you want to live in?: Positive interdependence and collaborative processes in the land-use planning game YouTopia. In Proceedings of Conference on Computer Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL ‘15), ISLS Press. (Gothenburg, Sweden, June 7-11, 2015), 236-243.
- Willis, A., Wise, A.F.,Antle, A.N. Coordinating Tools and Talk in a Tangible Tabletop Game. In Proceedings of Conference on Computer Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL ‘15) , ISLS Press. (Gothenburg, Sweden, June 7-11, 2015), 835-836.
- Warren, J. (2014). Exploring Context: Using Teacher Perspectives to Guild Tangible Multi-Touch Tabletop Design for Classrooms (Master's Thesis, Simon Fraser University, Surrey, Canada). Retrieved from http://summit.sfu.ca/item/14664.
- Antle, A.N., Wise, A.F., Willis, A., Tan, P. Nowroozi, S., Eckerssley, R., Fan, M., Warren, J. Youtopia: A collaborative, tangible, multi-touch, sustainability learning activity. In Proceedings of Int Conf on Interaction Design for Children (IDC '13), ACM Press (New York City, NY, USA, June 24 - 27, 2013), 565-568.
Available here Short Paper describing Youtopia Design
- Tanenbaum, J., Antle, A.N. & Robinson, J. Three perspectives on behavior change for serious games. In Proceedings of Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '13), ACM press (Paris, France, April 27 – May 2, 2013), 3389-3392.
- Antle, A.N., Tanenbaum, J., Macaranas, A. Games for change: Looking at models of persuasion through the lens of design. In. Nijholt, A. (ed.) Playful User Interfaces: Interfaces that Invite Social and Physical Interaction, Springer, 2013 (to appear).
Dr. Alissa N. Antle: Project Lead
Dr. Alyssa Wise [Dept Education]: Project Co-Lead
- Amanda Willis: Learning Designer
- Min(Michelle) Fan: Usability Researcher
- Jillian Warren: User Experience Researcher
- Allen Bevans: Design and Technical Support
- Aaron May: Wheels and User Experience Researcher
- Saba Nowroozi (SIAT Undergraduate Research Scholarship): Interaction Design
- Perry: Program
- Rachael Eckersley (FCAT Undergrad Fellowship): Art
- Anna Macaranas: Project Manager